📋 account types
flexible pricing plans for language teachers, from volunteers to pros 🥳
whether you're a volunteer, a side hustler, or going full-time, we've got your back 🙌🏾
we understand that a commission only model isn't fair to you as your business grows.
that's why our commission rates decrease as you scale, and we even offer a flat fee option.
treat somos like any other business expense, without worrying about increasing costs as you earn more. 🙌🏾
plus, every plan paves your way to earning tokens for co-ownership in somos! let's grow together 🎯
📊 account types at somos
- designed for teachers who want to sell paid courses, speaking clubs and classes but don’t have the volume yet to justify a subscription.
- 87% of what you make goes to you, 12% comes to somos with 1% to our impact fund.
- no monthly fees.
- our growth plan is tailored for teachers who are beginning to build a business.
- take more home with commission reduced to 4% on sales. 1% to our impact fund.
- our pro plan is designed to help you keep what your earn.
- one flat fee. 0% commission. 1% to our impact fund.
please note: stripe will deduct payment processing fees from every purchase so please factor this into your pricing!
📣 some important things to know about our pricing...
- 🧮 all prices exclude vat or equivalent sales tax.
- 🏦 to ensure the best experience and security for you and your students, we'll only charge you for a subscription once you've been ID verified and have connected to stripe.
- 💈 language teachers are independent sellers on somos and pay processing fees directly to stripe. rates for these vary country to country.
- 💳 stripe deducts its payment processing fees at the point of sale.
- 💚 1% of all sales made on the platform goes to our impact fund.
- 📈 subscription fees may be subject to an annual increase to accommodate changes in operational costs and improvements to our services. we'll always warn you in advance and give you the chance to cancel ahead of time though.
🤔 frequently asked questions
on this page