meet your toolkit!
marketing @ somos
manage your account
heartbeat: user guide
join a community
cohort based courses
courses on demand
support & refunds
🤳🏽set up your somos teaching profile
create your personal teaching website in just a few minutes and start connecting with students 🚀
still got questions? get in touch: email@example.com.
🏎️ getting started with your somos profile
- ✅ sign up and start the onboarding!
- 🧙🏽♂️ we'll guide you through providing the basic information needed to set up your initial profile.
- ⏱️ within just a few minutes, you'll have a professional personal teaching website to market yourself and connect with students - and it's completely free!
- 🎨 make your profile stand out! visit our guide on managing and leveling up your profile for tips and advice on how to further customize your profile and showcase your unique teaching style.
take a look at this example of a teacher's profile to see what yours can look like!
🤔 frequently asked questions
how do i set up my initial profile?
- your initial profile is set up during the onboarding process when you first log in.
- simply follow the step-by-step instructions, and you'll have a personal teaching website ready for marketing and connecting with students in no time!
what should i include in my profile?
- what’s unique about your offering? grab students’ attention with a snappy and positive headline.
📷 a profile picture/headshot (required)
- format: jpeg or png
- size: at least 250 x 250 pixels
- content: the picture should be of you, and you should be identifiable. please do not use logos, etc.
🌍 your location & time zone (required)
- teachers on somos are based all over the world, we'd love to know where you are!
- it's also helpful for students to know if you're in a time zone that works for them 😊
⭐️ tell us about your languages (required)
- please share the languages you teach and any others you speak!
- you can list as many as you like, but please separate each new language with a comma.
🎨 describe your teaching style (required)
- during the onboarding process, you can choose up to 4 teaching styles that best represent your approach to teaching.
- this helps students understand what to expect from your lessons and find a teacher who matches their learning preferences.
- students can use these teaching styles as filters when searching for a teacher.
🎯 how you can help students (required)
- you can select up to 6 learning goals that you can help students achieve. these goals will appear on your profile and showcase your expertise in specific areas.
- students can also use these learning goals as filters when searching for a teacher who can cater to their specific needs.
🎓 share some details about your teaching experience (required)
- there’s space to share how many years you’ve been teaching and/or if you have a teaching qualification.
🤳🏽 add your socials!
- help your students find your socials! please include the full URL each time.
- you can share your instagram, facebook, twitter, linkedin, youtube and tiktok channels here.
📝 include a short bio
- introduce yourself and showcase a little bit of your personality!
how can i edit my profile after setting it up?
- editing and updating your profile is easy!
- visit the manage your profile page for step-by-step instructions on making changes and adding new information to your profile.