meet your toolkit!
marketing @ somos
manage your account
heartbeat: user guide
join a community
cohort based courses
courses on demand
e-books & course materials
support & refunds
🪄 create a course listing
how to create course listings in our marketplace!
📺 full video walkthrough!
[🎥 coming soon]
you’ll learn how to:
- create a draft course listing
- add key info - course dates, pricing, overview, goals etc.
- create discounts + promo codes
- review + edit your draft listing
- publish your course for sale! 🚀
📚 step-by-step guide [coming soon]
🤔 frequently asked questions
how are somos courses structured?
- 4 weeks long
- set your own price (typically $25 to $200 per student)
- 12 to 40 students per cohort
- 1 teacher led workshop per week with the whole cohort
- 1 x homework assignment per week
- 1 x peer-to-peer practice group session per week in groups of 4 (no teacher)
- whatsapp style group for cohort (in-app) + teacher to interact in across the 4 weeks
- 1 x celebration session with whole cohort at the end of week 4
what happens each week?
- each week you'll be able to set a different topic focus
- the workshops will introduce the structure for the rest of the sessions
- you can set the homework assignments during workshops
- homework assignments act as prompts to encourage discussion in the practice groups!
- you'll be able to teach via the in-app video and voice rooms
- you'll also be able to share, upload and/or embed documents & course materials for your students in-app.
how long are the courses?
- we recommend keeping courses to 4 weeks.
- please feel free to contact us if you'd like support on pricing longer courses etc.
how much time does it take to teach a course?
- we think when you're just starting out to aim for around 3-3.5 hours a week:
- 1 hour live teaching
- 1 hour administration
- 1 hour answering questions/interacting with students via the internal chat.
- courses will (just like 1:1 lessons) require planning and structuring but this can of course be replicated once you have a format that works best for you.
- you should factor in an extra 45 mins to an hour at the end of week 4 to do a celebration session/wrap up with your students.
will somos provide me with teaching materials?
- not right now! we’re looking for teachers who want to work with their own content.
- once we are out of beta, we will want to work closely with teachers to start providing you with business, marketing & teaching resources to support your growing business!
what learning level are somos courses best for?
- somos courses work best for students who are at least A2/B1 looking to use conversation practice to really improve their fluency.